movies

>> Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Over the weekend, I was able to watch 2 movies. And by coincidence, they have the same theme – deception.

The Illusionist (2006)
Edward Norton and Jessica Biel

The Usual Suspects (1995)
Kevin Spacey, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak, Michael McManus

Both were good, so watch them when you get the chance.

--------------------------

I can’t help but think of the celebrities who are running for office this May while I was watching Man of the Year. Robin Williams plays a comedian/talk show host who ran for President of the US and won. But in the movie, he really is someone who knows a lot about what he is doing.

During the campaign period, he was very serious during the interviews and speeches that his staff were pushing him to bring back his funny side because that’s what the public love about him. But he refuses to because he says politics is serious stuff.

There’s not a lot of twists in the story but it will get you to think on what you would do if you were the lead male and the lead female character.

Some quotable quotes:

“Mr. Dobbs, please don’t make a mockery out of this debate.”
“Ma’am, it was a mockery a long time before I came here.”

“Perception of legitimacy is more important than legitimacy itself. That’s the greater truth.”

“I underestimated you.”
“Well, just between me and you Mr. President, you didn’t underestimate me at all.”

“TV scares me. It makes everything seem credible.”

“This is where I belong, with folks like you, finding the funk in dysfunctional.”

“Politicians are a lot like diapers. And they should be changed frequently and for the same reason.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Web Counter

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP