muni muni
>> Wednesday, April 11, 2007
“I’m not my real self when I’m here (province). My life is just different when I’m in Manila”, a friend of mine said the other day while we were strolling in the mall.
“I agree and I get what you mean”, I said. “That’s the difficult part for us – to call this place home yet live your life somewhere else.”
-------------------------------
It appears that one of the saddest point of life is to be surrounded with family and friends and yet no one knows what really is going on inside one’s mind or how one is feeling.
There are times when you want to share something to these people but they don’t want to hear the details, just the main point. But the reality is, sometimes there is no main point. There are just bits and pieces of your day to day struggle with hope and fear. And you just want them to hear you out and hope that they could probably put those things together and make sense out of it.
-------------------------------
I turned 23 last month. Some friends would say that I am still young. I would reply back that the one year difference in our age doesn’t really matter. But they insist that it does.
Somehow they got me thinking if it actually was true. But then, I realized that age alone cannot be judged on its own. The number of years should go along with the number of things you have done regardless if it was successful or not or whether it is grand or simple. It could be something like:
learning to play a musical instrument
almost/failing a class
sky jumping
reading a hundred books
loving someone and being loved back (or not)
speaking in public
riding the train that goes the opposite way
being promoted at work
singing in a choir
getting a second degree
climbing a mountain
falling asleep in a bus and missing your stop
I guess what I’m trying to point out is if you have filled these years with a lot of experiences and adventures, then you wouldn’t feel old at all. Because as you look back, you can say to yourself “Yeah, I’ve done that and I’m only ____ .” or “I’m only ______, I still have time to do that.”
2 comments:
hey, i feel the same way...
i like what you said about how age doesn't necessarily measure what or who you are. it's what you've done. napapaisip tuloy ako. :)
take care ava! if you need an extra pair of ears to listen to you, andito lang po ako :)
Post a Comment